Meet the crew
Chris has an extensive background in aerobatic operations.He has performed in numerous low level aerobatic displays, formation displays including the V8 Super Cars, Australia Day Celebrations and Wings Over Illawarra to name just a few. He is dedicated to ensuring his students achieve their flying goals.
- Managing Director of Five Point Aviation and Southern Biplane Adventures
- Aerobatic Training approval for all maneuvers and low level aerobatic training
- Low Level Aerobatic permission 200ftAGL
- Formation Training approval – 300+ formation flying hours
- CASA approved Chief Pilot
- Professional sponsored aerobatic display pilot
- 2000+ tail wheel hours
- 3000+ aerobatic Hours
- Wings Over Illawarra Airside Coordinator 2013
- CEO of AVCRM – Online Aviation Management Software
Chief Flying Instructor
A truly passionate aviator, Shaun brings a wealth of experience and skill to Southern Biplanes and our flying school, Five Point Aviation.
He is the CASA approved Chief Flying Instructor, responsible for training standards and compliance. Shaun oversees all training operations and ensures our syllabus and standards exceed industry best practice. He is also a line pilot taking our customers on joyflights in the Stearman.
- CASA Approved Chief Flying Instructor
- Extensive flight training experience
- Instrument Training Approval
- Line pilot Southern Biplane Adventures
- Low level aerobatics
- Warbird operations
- Glider towing pilot
- Banner towing operations
- Flying museum management
Spanning more than 30 years, Tony’s career in aviation started in Canberra, where he met Lorry. With an instructing background, Tony went on to live and work in North Western Australia as a Customs Coastwatch pilot, before flying in remote central Australia engaged in mining operations on the Beechcraft Super Kingair.
After two years at the NSW Air Ambulance, he moved into the Airline Industry with Ansett Australia, flying the Boeing 727 and 767 for almost a decade.
In 2004 Tony took up a flight crew position with Hong Kong Dragonair and by 2006 was an Airbus Captain. In 2012 he was appointed Check and Training Captain.
Currently an Airbus Captain back in Australia Tony enjoying being part of a true aviation family.
Having been introduced to flying when she first met Tony during his flight training in the late 1970’s, Lorry developed an in-depth knowledge of the aviation industry. Her own career as Client Services Officer, in both the private and Government sectors, have given her a wide range of experiences, particularly in auditing practices, office management and associated systems.
Having played an integral part in developing our operating policy and procedures, Lorry can assist in any enquiries with the added benefit of having local knowledge